11/11/2007

Where is my love ?

A recent survey reveals 25% Americans think that the Internet can serve as a substitute for a significant other for some period of time, and 11% say they would be willing to safely implant a device that enabled them to use their mind to access the Internet. This survey was conducted online, so I think these numbers, although disturbing, are true and say a lot about US Internet users.

Also according to this survey, more than 25% Americans has a social networking profile on sites such as MySpace or Facebook, and 78% of 18-24 year-olds report having a social networking profile.

4 comments:

Mike said...

From the survey - Only 33% of 18 to 24 year-olds supported government stepping in on content, while 72% of those over 70 years of age support government regulation and ratings. -

Although I'm a little short of 70, there I am, in the 30% group again.

Bilbo said...

Hmmm...what does this say about those of us hooked on blogging? Over time, it seems to become a sort of social networking. Interesting statistic. For the record, I don't need to surf the web badly enough to get anything embedded in my head to let me do it. Of course, Agnes would tell you there's plenty of room in there, but still...

John A Hill said...

My kids have My Space pages and my son also has a Facebook page. Actually I have a My Space page but I haven't kept up on it and Tom is my only friend! I decided to use my blog as a promotional page first then later added a web page.

I doubt that I want an implant, too my risks of viruses in nature without adding computer viruses in my brain!

TheyDHD said...

Yeah, I am still in the minority. *chuckle* Hook me up for that implant, and I don't need anyone but my e-friends and my RL buddies. Does that make me a sad, sad, nerdlette? Not that I really care, as long as that lovely little implant also automatically downloads the day's to-to list (with all nuances) into my husband's head too so I don't have to waste time explaining things to him every day. *grin*